Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 5: "Top Of The Resort To You!" Girdwood Celebrates Solstice!




Started the day with a morning jog at noon "smile" Love summer vacation!

Our 5 Star Alyeska Prince Hotel, great place to sit next to a roaring fire in some very nice couches and feel like a Queen.

Took a little jont up to the Arctic for a little mid afternoon polar bear watching..

OK, just kidding..


20 dollar lift ticket for the tram that no one asked me for...



I found a "Upper" on the tram from Escanaba-this was really the name of his camp back home.

The Round House Museum, historical facts about Girdwood, Alyeska and skiing in Alaska. I have a dream that someday my North Face polypro long underwear will be on display here. 'smile"









Paragliding Hippi, I loved this guy!






What? I have to put it together?

It came with a "Assemble A Grill For Dummies" book, totally saved the day.


Marshmellow's Yummm.






Girdwood Celebrates Solstice!

Jimmy Sand y, one of Alaska's most talented performers, and a great friend. He spends every summer traveling and playing throughout Alaska. Keyboardist and Singer for Alaska's hottest band "Denali Cooks"



Jimmy and I met in Crested Butte, Colorado, 15 years ago, where he was (and still is in the winters) one of Colorado's top musical acts. He plays with my our friend Steve down there. Jimmy is one of my oldest friends, God bless him for hanging in there with me for so long "smile". We've just ended up taking common paths in this life. I get to see Jimmy play 4-5 times a summer. His sister lives here in Girdwood.



Getting Jiggy with it to Jimmy "Happy Solstice!"



Girdwood is all about Hula Dancing..I'm starting to get pretty good, last ski season I hula'd on skis..totally fun, but I kept crashing...not sure why. "smile"

Playing horseshoes at midnight on Solstice...

This guy decided that because no one else would dance with him, he would dance with his dog..

Not sure the dog wanted to dance.

The Silvertip Grill's backyard at midnight.

My friend Swanny from Challenge having the time of his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home