Sunday, December 16, 2007

Alyeska Resort, Girdwood Alaska (My Ski Town)

I just thought that I would share with you photos of what has been for the past 8 years of my life "My Ski Town". Alyeska Resort is located in the small mountain town of Girdwood, Alaska. Girdwood is about a 30 min. drive South of Anchorae along a breathtaking streatch of water called the "Turnagain Arm". (Captain Cook kept having to turn his boat around when tryin to sail it because it's so shallow). You can often see Baluga Whales breaching as you drive and (like just what I saw today) Dall sheep clinging to the cliffs above the road. Anyway, these pictures were taken Dec. 16th at 2:30PM, during what is considered the "darkest time in Alaska"..One week before solstice..Suprised anyone? Yea, I don't know how I endure the long cold dark winters either..always bumping into things, have to wear night vision goggles all day.."Smile". Tiz a tough one, I must be crazy to live here.."smile" by the way it was 23 degrees this day.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home