Monday, July 26, 2010

Marquette, Michigan July 2010

My beautiful home town of Marquette, Michigan. It's always a great summer when I get to spend a nice chunk of time here. This is where my oldest and most weathered friends are (poor folks), where I feel most at home, and where I smile the biggest. It was really nice catching up with friends and getting to hang out with mother dearest. Highlights included, having a "Joe Dirt" party with the Economedies family (complete with Dirt Pie), taking a hike along Pictured Rocks National Shoreline with my mom, exploring the mtn bike trails with Dennis, sailing (including a 4th of July sail with my mom on the beautiful Coaster II) with great friends, running up Sugar Loaf, swimming daily in Lake Superior, teaching mom to kayak on Deer Lake, eating Gilberts ice cream, and visiting my Alaska friends up at their lakeshore pad in Big Bay. Below is the cutest couple on the planet, and a couple of my closest homegrown friends (Niko and Jill-Just Married Can You Tell?) Gotta Love Them!



Coaster II
First Mate Thonos-now a proud owner of a Toyota 4 Runner
4th of July Parade-Mom and I were aboard (see pick dot in the back) I was the official bell ringer.
4th of July again, see the pink dot yet?
Captain Niko in his element-what a great smile!




How Cute Are They?-Newly Weds Jill and Nik. Great friends from the good ol' HMC days.









Mom at Pictured Rocks
My Awesome Adventurous Mommy Learning To Kayak
Mom's Favorite Bridge-Pictured Rocks Trail
She'll Go Zip Lining But I Couldn't Talk Mom Into Taking A Dip With Me In The Big Lake?

Lower Harbor-Marquette
Marquette Light House
Refreshing--Swimming At Pictured Rocks National Shoreline
Our Joe Dirt Party With Jill's Famous Dirt Pie--Yumm!


Niko and Jill's (and Family) Beautiful Nome Home!


Amazing Stone and Log Work-Look At The Efficient Fireplace!

How cool are those round windows?
Beautiful Black Rocks


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home